Our specilised team will work you with to understand your needs or the needs or your loved one. We will take the time to fully explore the options and make a recommendation about the best solution for your individual circumstances.
Whether you are looking for day care, a respite care break, specialist dementia care, nursing care or end of life care, our standard of care is consistently high. Our teams are recruited not only for their specialist skills, but for their care and empathy. We pride ourselves on achieving best practice and excellent service without compromising on the loving, caring and compassionate atmosphere that is so important
We don’t compromise on service and work hard to promote best practice. We ensure our team is completely in tune with the needs of our residents, and genuinely passionate in caring for others. Part of this involves employing the right people from the start and our recruitment puts a high emphasis on finding like-minded people who portray a natural empathy.
We believe that everyone with dementia has the right to respect, dignity and a high standard of personalised care. We take a person-centered approach to dementia care – recognising the requirements of every individual and tailoring our care to their changing needs and abilities. By working closely with our residents and their family and friends to provide care based upon likes, dislikes, history and personality.
We provide two types of dementia care:
Residential dementia care
24-hour personalised care and assistance in a safe and comfortable environment
In addition to personalised care, we also provide qualified nursing care to those who need it
“My Job is my passion. I really love looking after my residents, supporting their families and also my staff. When I see my residents happy and they smile, it makes me very proud”
Paulina – Care Home Manager
End of life care
Often referred to as Palliative care, end of life care aims to make the end of a person’s life as comfortable as is possible.
We understand how difficult these situations are for residents and family alike. Our holistic approach aims to cater for every aspect of care, from physical and medical symptom support, to spiritual, psychological and emotional support for our residents and their families. Our compassionate team keep care and dignity at the heart of all they do.
In particular, we focus on:
• anticipating, preventing and providing relief from suffering by managing physical symptoms
• psychological care and emotional support for residents’ and their families, taking into account spiritual, religious or cultural needs
• understanding resident’s wishes and giving them autonomy where possible, while working with multi–disciplinary teams to provide quality of life
“They treat my mum as if she was their mum, nothing is too much trouble. They love them, they hug them, they dance with them. They do everything they can, to make them happy.”
Faith – Daughter of Mary
While caring for a loved one can be very rewarding, in many instances it can also be exhausting. Respite Care can help to maintain relationships, promote health and well being and give the carer an opportunity to recharge their batteries. Deanwood Lodge provides 24 hour care in a safe and comfortable environment, for anything from a few days to six weeks. Time off for both of you is essential.
Respite care can offer the following benefits:
- Helping carers to take care of themselves physically and emotionally – whether for a break, a holiday or to spend time with other family and friends – which enables them to continue caring
- Preventing social isolation and providing independence for the person being cared for – enabling them to take part in social activities and take a break from routine
- A temporary change in circumstance – from health issues, to bereavement, to childcare, respite care provides temporary relief when circumstances change.
“I often have a dance with residents, to see ther faces light up, to see them smile, to see them happy, makes me go home and feel I have done a really good job today”
Louise – Carer at Deanwood Lodge